Saturday, March 13, 2010

Hawaii!

Palm Trees while laying on Waikiki Beach

Waimea Bay


Sunset Waikiki Beach


Our Hotel!


Sunrise on Waikiki Beach

Well, got back on the 4th of March after a brief vacation in Hawaii. We stayed in Waikiki at the Hilton Hawaiian Village and made the usual trips to Pearl Harbor, the International Market and Waimea Bay. (North Shore)

We also "enjoyed" a full blown Tsunami Warning and evacuation on our second day there. It was handled VERY seriously by the Hotel Staff and Emergency Personnel. It was certainly a surprise to us all! It ended up being a "non-event" that put us a day behind in our vacation and planning. We were thankful though, that the worst had not been realized. Oh, and HECK YEAH I GOT THE "I SURVIVED THE TSUNAMI" T-SHIRT TO PROVE IT!

A few of my favorite moments were the Malasadas from Leonards Bakery, the warm sand under my feet each day, the Mai-Tai's Sandi and I enjoyed each night, and seeing my daughter laugh and play as she and her friend battled the 4-6 ft waves on the beach in Waimea.

I have posted a few photos on my Photography page, though I seemed to enjoy seeing the sights more this time vs taking pictures of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment